16.8.11

Ceramics

I've been taking a ceramics course this summer, taught by the wonderful and fun Tony Clennell. I meant to share these photographs a month or two ago. These are a few cups from a set I had been working on at the start of the course. Each was thrown with red clay, then covered with some drippy white slip. Next, I carved into the white slip to expose the red clay beneath. 

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the work after glazing - I sold the set of four at Big on Bloor before I had taken pictures of the finished forms. Oops. I'm a little bummed, but mostly just grateful that someone is enjoying my work! I hope to put these into production in the fall - I like the balance of organic and articulate in these cups; the contrast between the drippy slip and hand thrown forms versus the rigid illustration. 

      
   
         

       

No comments:

Post a Comment